måndag 27 september 2010

Time

“You lose it all the time - the track of time." sings Anna Von Hausswolff. And I think she is right, I'm always tangled in time. This has become a big issue because for the past 6 weeks I've been working in a group project to organise an event. The project is about activating your leadership potential; the organisation behind it is AIESEC - the largest international student organisation.

Back to the event. We (Tony, Marijn, Sadia, Shuyi and I) decided to organise an event which deals with personal development, and specifically time management. Time is all we got. No matter what people do with their lives, no matter how smart or skilled they are - time is all we got. So we did a time management workshop. We went from being completely unaware of what time management is to being able to hold a whole workshop (with a little help from guest lectures). The event was a big success, about 50 people came, listened, took notes, participated in our planned activities and shared their own experiences with us. I'm so proud of this - how it went from a vague idea to this wonderful event. I have so much excess energy now, I can't sleep!

I have to admit I have learned a lot about time management by organising this event. Unfortunately I can't say I'm any good at managing my time, even now after 6 intensive weeks of preparations. It's not just about making lists, setting up goals and not getting distracted. You also have to realize it's a lot of hard work - especially when you need to change some of your habits. I'll get there, but first I have to find a motivating long term goal for where I want to be. Those of you who know me well, I might seem very determined and motivated already, but this is not the complete truth. In fact I have no idea where I want to go, what I want to do in life etc. I just know I love the combination of business and psychology. I need some time to sit down and think about the future. Note to self in my calendar: Saturday 15:00 - 18:00 Come up with life time goal.

The bad news is that time flies, the good news is that you're the pilot.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar